Thursday 3 November 2022

Makeover Magic (Part 4/7 - Unconvinced)

 Part 4 - Unconvinced

"I'm working for the housing association," I said, hoping that my hesitation hadn't been too long. 

A second pleasant but filthy face joined that of the smiling man, and with the movement the earthy smell became more prominent. The newcomer seemed vaguely familiar, although beneath the grime and discolouration he wasn't easy to identify. His voice solved the problem; I'd worked briefly with him a few years ago. 

"My apologies for contradicting you, Mister Paul, but I hazard to declare that your words suggest a falsehood. Your presence is undoubtedly due to your friendship of Mistress Jane, I warrant." 

Before I could respond, the smiling man advanced further and two strong hands grasped my upper arms. Oddly I was reminded of hypertension checkups and insistent blood pressure cuffs. Odder still, I found it difficult to speak and was overcome with an unnatural tiredness that grew by the second. My eyes were starting to droop as my captor's voice reached my muddled brain. 

 "Then we must extend our employer's invitation to this fine gentleman. I shall render aid so that his compromised mobility is not a concern. Is that acceptable, dear colleague?" 

 "Most agreeable, dear chap. We will continue to assist this fine example of womanhood." 

 I didn't hear any more. I assume I was engulfed by sleep. 



(To be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment